1922 University Avenue. Madison WI. 53726

............

Sunday, February 21, 2010

New exhibit! Claire Ruzicka: FACES OF OAXACA








The new exhibit, portraits by Claire Ruzicka, opened this week!!  In Claire's own words: 
This exhibition highlights photographs of the the people of Oaxaca, Mexico that were made in July 2009. I traveled with the intention of making environmental portraits of people in their natural surroundings. While there, I was provided the opportunity to connect with and photograph people in their homes as well as to make street photographs in the small pueblos of Oaxaca. The printed images serve as remembrance, an artifact, of my intuitive response to what I witnessed and experienced in the moment I made the photograph.

 Join us today, Sunday, February 21,  for the opening reception from 2-5PM, and check back for the interview with Claire about this work and her travels!



This exhibition will run until March 26.

No comments:

Post a Comment